Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh, My Aching Back


Good Morning,
I am taking a moment to tell those of you reading my blog, why I have not been making many posts. I managed to mess up my back on May 21. Won’t go in to all the details, but after seeing the Dr and having a CAT scan, I found that I had 2 compression fractures. It is getting a little better day by day. Thank God, and I mean that literally. I want to tell you women of a certain age, to pay attention to your calcium intake. I didn’t, and they tell me that osteoporosis is the reason for my fractures. Well, enough about pain and sickness! I want to get back to the fun stuff, so I am off to check up on a few of my favorite bloggers, and maybe mess around with my blog for a bit. The picture on this post is of a little stitchery I did a few years ago, and gave to one of my sisters. Have a great day y’all.

9 comments:

Myra said...

Wow Lilly! I am sorry to hear that you have been having pain problems... Back pain is one of the worst too yet!!! Talking about calcium, I guess I best start taking mine again too. Wow!
I hope you are feeling better and more able very soon....

Finn said...

Hi Lilly, thanks so much for linking over and checking out my blog *VBS*Always nice to see a new face...and we are so very close in age!! I'll be 68 in October.
So sorry to hear about your back, but it sounds like you are doing all the right things.
Love the stitchery you show. I'll be back to read more. And I'll be sure to add you to my sidebar...thanks for adding me *VBS* Hugs, Finn in WI

Anonymous said...

Hello Lily,
Sure sorry to hear about your back! I had talked to Kathy but she didn't mention anything about it. I sure hope you are feeling better soon.

Chookyblue...... said...

take care of the back........

Arlette said...

Lilly, I've enjoyed browsing your blog and seeing your beautiful stitcheries and quilts. Thank you for dropping by my blog and for leaving such a sweet message. Thank you for the calcium reminder. I'm pretty bad about remembering to take mine. I hope you get well soon. Take care.
Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Lilly,

I am so sorry your back is being a problem right now. As I get older I realize how important all of the vitamins and calcium is and not to take your health for granted. Your Chicken/chicks hanger is adorable!

quiltygal said...

So sorry to hear of your problems both my youngest & I have back trouble we also take zinc ( helps with absorbtion ) & silica gel( great for bones & ligaments plus you get great hair & nails) you have to do all you can to help nature...seeing as the food we eat is soooooo depleated of nutrients & they stick all matter of crap in food.. oh dont get me started!!!!!what ever happened to natural food???
Claire

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

I hope you will be feeling your old self again soon. I have very painful backaches every couple of months. Yes, we women of a certain age should take good care of our selves.

Cathi said...

Ouch!! I hope your back feels much, much better soon.
My mother had osteoporosis and I remember some of the problems she had. And yet I still manage to forget the calcium supplement!