Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Muslin Quilt

I know it has been several days since I have made a post. I have not been very productive. I will take this time to show you another of my quilts, or rather one block from it. I don’t have a picture of the whole quilt. Must remedy that one of these days. I don’t suppose it really matters, since it is a one block quilt. The blocks are 10 inch finished squares of unbleached muslin, front and back. The design is a quilting motif I had used in one the blocks of William’s quilt. It is hand quilted using three strands of DMC embroidery floss. That was not a good idea. It was hard to thread the needle, and hard to pull through the quilt. I used a different color on each block. It is a small quilt, 5 blocks by 6 blocks, but I was sure sick of doing those blocks by the time I finished. Boring!!!! Glad I finished it though, because this quilt I made for myself, and I have used it nearly every day for the last 10 or so years. My sister, Kathy, made one like it and she uses hers all the time also.

4 comments:

Myra said...

Sounds like you might have had a bit of frustration doing this quilting, but it looks great! Very nice!

Cathi said...

It looks fabulous! I can only imagine how tough that thread had to be to pull through the quilt sandwich!

sweetiepie said...

Your quilt is beautifully done. I can't imagine how many hours must have gone into making this. I am afraid I would have had cramps in my hands trying to pull that needle full of thread through the quilt.

Bugsy said...

Great quilting job! I've tried hand-quilting and not gotten very far with it!